Monday, November 28, 2011

Consignment Stores (and Fernandina Mulch and Stone)

I heart discounts, "military discounts" and stores which offer them. It's been a while since I posted. We've recently moved to Fernandina Beach, Florida and I've just started scoping out the local stores for military discounts and good deals.



There's a challenge and excitement in finding special stores and good deals. For the past few years I've been drawn to consignment stores -- not only because the items I find there are inexpensive, but because everything in these stores is different. And it's an adventure, and a thrilling hunt, finding the perfect shirt, skirt, whatever I'm looking for that day. I go into a consignment store never really knowing what I will find and usually pleasantly surprised to discover something super cheap and interesting.

Frugal Cachet is one store I recently discovered on Amelia Island. The owner/storekeeper was sweet and helpful. I had the store to myself for most of the time I was there and I found 2 pairs of shoes. The storekeeper said if I bought one of the pairs of shoes I could have the other pair free. Score! (I'm afraid this place doesn't see many customers because they're not in a prime shopping location) This may explain their low prices and great customer service. :o)

Here's the store's address:
1699 S. 14th Street, Suite 4
In the Amelia Crossing Shopping Center
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034

They're open Monday through Saturday 10:30-5:30.

There seems to be A LOT of consignment stores on Amelia Island. Looking forward to checking them out. I'll let you know if I find some more good ones.



On a different note, I was recently pricing out some pine straw for some landscaping that needed to be done at our new place. I was pleasantly surprised to find "Fernandina Beach Mulch and Stone" on A1A (right before going over the bridge to Amelia Island) which had reasonable rates for pine straw, mulch, stone, etc... AND a military discount. Hurray for this store having a military discount. Thanks Fernandina Mulch and Stone!

No comments: