Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Change is a'coming!

Haven't blogged in a really looooong time.  It was fun blogging on local and military discounts in new places as we moved frequently, but I've decided to switch gears with this blog and focus on different things.  Things I'm passionate about.

I was walking through a store yesterday and saw this quote on a big piece of wood "If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders"...  I love this quote!  It struck a chord with me and reminded me of a similar quote I heard about following your passion, something like "love what you do and you'll love life".   If you're lucky enough to be able to love what you do each day, you're pretty lucky, and if you don't love what you do, maybe it's time for a change?  Life is too short to be miserable and feel like you're just going through the motions every day, right?

Well, I thought more about where my mind goes when it wanders and it always seems to go to family, music, movement, creativity and organizing.  I've been lucky to have had the chance to teach PE for 5 years in various states and share my passion for movement with children of various ages and abilities, and I've been fortunate to find a teaching job here on Amelia Island where I've been able to share my love for dance and art.  Finally, this year and last year I've had the chance to teach Kindermusik to babies and toddlers and share my love for music with parents and tots.  All of those jobs have been fun and interesting, but I've never pursued my passion for organizing.

For a  few years now I thought about trying my hand at being a professional organizer, but different worries related to that career idea held me back.  Worries like -- Where will I find clients?  How would I make it into a part-time or full-time job?  How much would be reasonable to charge and maybe I should just do this on a volunteer basis?   I found a book all about starting a professional organizing business and contacted local professional organizers to seek advice, but unfortunately I didn't hear back from the local organizers and I just couldn't seem to get motivated to get started.

But I feel inspired again to start anew with this organizing idea.   I thought maybe I could start by blogging about organizing, sharing organizing ideas -- tips/tricks, and being inspired by other blogs of professional organizers... you have you start somewhere, right?






No comments: